View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 11:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

The service documentation seems to indicate that the autochangers store their last reported errors internally. Resetting that memory must be performed before putting the units back into service by opening the door, holding the up and down buttons at once and powering the system on. When the indicator lamp blinks you close the door and the autochanger reinitializes.

With that fixed I figured out why I could not get both autochangers to work when connected. The service documentation indicates that changer 1 addresses discs from 01 to 72 and changer 2 from 201 to 272. As it turns out I only got the second unit responding then I used the range 301 to 372. The service documentation also mentions a "wired remote jig" that takes the place of the autochanger commander and allows for manual control of basic and enhanced player functions like play, stop, side, chapter select, frame search, fast forward.... I did not however find a depiction of this wired test tool or a part number but this is MUCH more promising than being stuck with the commander.

I am still unable to get either player to play a disc. I have however learned that the "BGV" mode when enabled reserves slots 71 and 72 in the first autochanger and supposedly plays whatever disc is in there when the system is idle.