View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 12:20 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUD1 View Post
Well sure DVR's are nice, when the show you want to see is in your package. I tried watching Mythbusters on Demand, and it worked perfectly with no commercials all of one time. When I tried again tonight, at each break, they hastily jammed in the same string of infuriating commercials just to piss me off with no option of fast forwarding. That's why I'm hell bent on keeping an arsenal of vintage VCR's and blank VHS tapes. I don't care what kind of VCR you have, it WILL fast forward, so when the corrupt cable companies take away your ability fast forward in the DVR, I'll still be able to fast forward the old school way.
On demand is pretty much worthless because as you point out, they block you from fast forwarding. I'm saying you need to use a DVR to record your shows when they air. For example, I like to watch America's Funniest Home Videos. My DVR is programmed to automatically record every episode that plays. ABC Family, TBS, WGN America, and a few others occasionally show AFV, and my DVR records from all of these channels. Whenever I feel like watching an episode, I just choose from my library of recordings. Xfinity let's me fast forward through recordings, but not on demand content. That's why I have a low tolerance for on demand and hardly use it anymore. Your VCRs will do the exact same thing as a DVR, just a little bit less automatically. You have to check the listings for Mythbusters or whatever, set your VCR to record at the proper time, and leave the directv box on the correct channel.