View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 11:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sorry I didn't get to posting about this.

This TV was definitely serviced much later in it's life than the original sticker.. The parts inside looked far too new to be early 80's. I was able to find however what was happening, some of the wires inside were getting chewed on by some rodents, which is odd, because she keeps a very clean house, but, it IS near Lee Road here in Orlando, which are some older houses. So I strung new wires, and it's all set, raster is normal now, and the hum is gone in the speakers.. The bottom of the cabinet was missing a grille to cover the vents.. So I laid a new one for her..

All set.. Sorry, no pictures, my iPhones battery died well before I even got to her house (I left the stupid Tom Tom app running by accident).

It's convergence is crap though.. Only the VERY center is ok, but the rest, not good.. It's apparently been like this.. So I'm gonna have to learn how to converge these sets then.

EDIT: Oh, and I was surprised, I never knew the CTC-9 had a PCB in it.. I thought all these roundies were point to point wiring.. It had that too, but was surprised to even see a form of a circuit board.