View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 08:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

So I replaced C622 (I happened to have a capacitor rolling around in my parts stash for that value) but its still blowing fuses, so I'm thinking it may very well be a bad STK0029 chip after all, of course I wouldn't be too surprised if that bad capacitor that was in there wasn't responsible for taking that STK chip out in the first place.

Anyways looking on ebay I found several sellers on there that seemed like they were selling non-knockoff STK0029 chips on there for prices between $7.99 and $20 so I may check into one of those.

The nice part is that on this stereo they only utilize six of the 10 pins of the STK Chips so it will be fairly easy to get it out of there and replace it.

EDIT: Was doing some voltage checks on the STK chips and the one for the right channel had the two inner most pins that are utilized pins 3 and 8 measured 0 volts on them which I take means its shorted.

So I'll be ordering an STK0029 chip from eBay to replace the bad one, unless someone has a good reputable supplier that they've used in the past that they would like to recommend to me to use to source a new STK0029 Chip from.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 10-17-2018 at 10:11 PM.