View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 06:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSummers View Post
Hi

The Line drive & field drive connections are only used when the camera is to be locked to an external sync pulse generator.

The mixed sync (MS) goes to the video amplifier board as does the mixed blanking (MB).

When you have completed your project, would you consider writing it up for publication in CQ-TV the journal of the BATC www.batc.org.uk

regards

Brian S
G'day Brian. Thanks for the info. I made a bit of mistake with my question though, it wasn't the Mixed Sync I was meant to ask, it was the Mixed Blanking In on the video amp board, I would like to know where does the mixed blanking in come from as I see no mixed blanking output lines coming from anywhere else to input to Mixed Blanking In? Does it possibly come from the Mixed Sync line? I know there's a blanking line coming from the 4011 chip on the timebase board and a blanking connection from the vidicon tube, I assume those two go together?

Anyways I'd be more than happy to write a publication for the CQ-TV journal once this project is complete and operational, thanks for offering me the opportunity! This project is a warmup project to get me more familiar with camera electronics technology as I've previously mentioned I want to build a solid state driven 3 inch image orthicon tube camera.

I've now featured my project on my website, it can be viewed here http://www.troysvintagevideo.741.com/mycamera.html . I've decided to also make a separate board for all adjustment pots so I can make adjustments in one place.

Lastly to answer old_tv_nut's question I got the schematics from the Amateur Television Handbook which can be downloaded here http://www.batc.org.uk/cq-tv/archive/handbooks.html on the BATC site.