View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 07:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

I can relate to this post. I got rid of all my "modern" appliances and have a 1956 Frigidaire, and I get sick of those NOT in the know giving me crap or making comments on how much "juice" it must use. I inform them not as much as the POS GE Profile it replaced. As for washers.. I'm getting ready to switch back to an OLD top-loader. I have a 6 year old front-loader that is now throwing out an error code and makes ping-pong bing-bong noises (from the chimes)... Also I never thought it truly got stuff clean as I think it's supposed to use like 2 teaspoons of water... lol! Also got foul when I had to go to Ace last night to get replacement floodlights for my garage. THAT was an ordeal.... (and 26.00 later, for 2) for a product that will probably burn out in 2 seconds. I also remember when my parents got a stupid low-flow toilet that you had to flush about 200 times. They said EFF IT and found a "normal" one. I did hear the new generation ones are better tho. Back to this topic.. I see our power company is offering 35.00 to pick up your old fridge. What a joke......