View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 05:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for the good info. Id say this is my favorite grundig and perhaps my favorite radio all together as well.
The carry case was a nice thing to have when I bought it. There is a little slot in the case which is where the previous owner stored ALL of the papers that fortunately are still present. When I bought it, it had a broken belt the rotates the SW dial drum. Its a cogged thermoplastic belt that just snapped. I glued it together as at the time I couldn't find a replacement anywhere. Just last week I found a guy on ebay in Germany who sells replacement belts and dial lamps for the 210. The new belts are actual rubber so the reliablity should be much greater. I also bought some dial lamps as this one needs a couple new bulbs replaced. Im still waiting on those parts to arrive as I feel that luck is the only reason the belt didn't break on me again.

One other thing that I replaced right after I got the radio was the antenna as the original antenna was broken and a large section missing. When the radio was up on ebay, it was advertized with the fault of the broken antenna and "the dial drum doesnt turn so I cant test all the bands" but it was mint so I figured the problems couldn't be too difficult. Fortunatly that was the case as the radio worked flawlessly when I got the belt and antenna back together. I'm sure those flaws contributed to keeping the price down. I was lucky enough to find a replacement antenna for the 210 from some antenna guy in hong kong. I remember him telling me I was lucky to get the last one as it became NLA on his website right after I bought it. I have no idea if there is currently a source for replacement grundig antennas as they are very unique and I doubt anyone is reproducing them.