View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 09:21 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
LOL ctc17

It's the challenge...for sure. I've mentioned SEVERAL times you don't do this for the paycheck.

I was working on a similar "basket case" for a week or so.....until I got STOPPED by the realization I was NOT going to fix the focus pin on a 4.5" CRT. Now it just sits...because every set I have bought cheap THINKING I was gonna use the CRT from a broken set.....was easy to fix.

I just HATE it when the game can't be won. Its the only set I have sitting that "is" fixed....but can't find the parts. I went on to get a 6" Singer TV6U which REALLY is gonna be alot of work...and parts to get going again.

I'm gonna go ebay "5 inch TV" and see all these $.01 sets you speak of. Best deal I ever found was a REAL tiny 2" Magnavox micro AM/FM/clock I got for $1.25 once (and was PERFECT!!). Most 5" sets of varying collectability go for anywhere from $10 for the cheap chinese things...to about a hundred for something like a Sony 5-307UW, and THEN like $20 to get it to you in some reliable manner. Any $.01 set is gonna AT LEAST run you ten bucks to have it shipped....and they will treat it like a $.01 set when doing it. Even at a swap meet "in person", these cheap little sets are $5-$10, and the added benefit that some don't even know they are color sets (I got a beautiful JVC CX-500US "briefcase" that way with no power cord)

Last edited by AiboPet; 10-09-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Audiokarma