View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 07:57 PM
First Light: 1952-2011

Exclamation Vintage RCA signs? CLICK HERE!

Being the proactive individual that I am, and also being motivated (fed up!) with all the tards out there asking stupid high prices for vintage signs, I decided to contact a company about the possibility of getting one reproduced!

Now I realise that making new ones means they won't exactly be 'vintage' anymore, but for a lot of us it will be the cheapest option for getting a nice piece to hang in the TV room with the vintage color set. It's a possible solution to waiting endlessly for one to pop up on the 'net, and the prices will be fixed so you don't have to worry about getting out bid. It's win/win. Win win win actually, since we'd be supporting a Stateside business.

If I still have your attention, read on...

I contacted a company called Fire House Neon, located in Stockbridge, MI. I explained what I was interested in (see pictures below), and they sent me a quote. As of right now they are willing to build these signs for $423 each, including shipping. They would be 20" H x 37" W x 3" D, letter height would be about 5-6". They would have a black acrylic backing, to facilitate being hung on the wall. Power supply is included in the deal, so you don't have to worry about that.

I felt that the $423 price point is still a bit high, so I replied with a request for volume pricing. That means the price would come down based on how many are sold, so here's what I am proposing: If this sounds like something you could get on board with, reply to this thread and tell me how many you would buy. I will use the number of interested parties as ammo in my negotiations with them, in an attempt to get the price as low as possible for a possible group buy.

I think this could be a great opportunity to have a neat sign made for the collecting community, so if you want one let me know!

Last edited by miniman82; 09-22-2011 at 07:27 PM.