View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Motorola Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
At one of the locations, I got a Zenith 12A12C52 in fair condition.
At two other locations, I missed out on a couple of really nice Motorola three channel stereos. Damn!
I scooped up a lot of good stuff at the two in South Central, PA. tho they no longer takes any "tube TV's" in. I pop in to both regularly, both are on my 1-hour commute.

If the one in Harrisburg has obvious antique show up, example is a 1956 21" RCA BW console missing its safety glass but intact and most recently, a 1929 Radiola Console sold via silent auction.
I always correct/augment the price tag info when I see these.

Lancaster's has supplied me with numerous bargain-priced consoles like a 1967 Fisher Statesman, 1968 Sylvania TOTL Maestro each with Dual 1009 record changers.
When a friend was manager there a few years back, he alerted me to a 1948 Magnavox Windsor (minus the TV of course) and a Philco 41-290 console both complete and in restorable condition.
To compensate him, I restored the Philco 100% for their silent auction, it fetched $500.

They know the value of these now-antiques, yet SO VERY few are in this hobby locally. I can assure you these Habitat folks are waaaay kinder to this hobby than the "household hazardous waste" aka E-waste operations that are sanctioned by the County waste Authority. This is a whole other story, and it is one that sucks as Betamax,the original poster, has described.

Last edited by DavGoodlin; 12-07-2017 at 01:42 PM.