View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Okay, I feel stupid. I think I might have caused the HOT to die. When I was trying to check test point 115 on the horizontal board I couldn't see the number on the board that notes connection 115. There was a good size capacitor in the way. So I pulled it towards me a bit until I could see the number marking on the board. I then connected the probe ground to "U" and touched the probe to "15" and then turned on the set. That's when it groaned and died.

I just removed the board to test the transistors and I realized I had pulled the lead of the capacitor to the point where it looked like it made contact with the emitter of the wave shaper transistor. This must have done something to the horizontal pulse that the HOT didn't like.

I'm attaching a pic of the area, but moved the capacitor before I thought about taking a picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Horizontal Board Short Small.jpg (71.7 KB, 23 views)

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650