View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 04:15 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
Does the top end of the terminal strip appear to be broken off?

jr
The top end of the tuner half of the strip does look broken off. I can't recall ever seeing a Zenith tuner like that where there are two terminal strips that connect together like that. Usually each wire has it's own spade connector and they can be swapped by mistake. I'd imagine some one changed the terminal strips to make pulling the tuner a 2 connector job (If lead and power wires).

It is probably the brown wire on the bottom you want, but it is not hard to check. There should be 6.3VAC on the right lead....All you have to do is take a DMM set to measure AC connect black probe to tuner chassis (Heater and B+ usually return to ground through the IF cable shield* which usually connects to the tuner chassis), and touch the red leads to the wires going to thagt strip. Since the heaterlug appears to be gone, cut the spade end off the dial light wire and solder it to the correct terminal.

*If the tuner ever becomes dead and electrically hot assume IF cable ground continuity between tuner and chassis has failed.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma