View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 07:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

Update

Hello Zeno,

I replaced the 4.7uF 315V cap next to the flyback/HV transformer as well as a 1000uF 80V cap that I think is for the degauss circuit since I had one. There was also a 4.7uF 315V cap on the neck board that I replaced for good measure. I'm planning on taking an accounting of the other electrolytic on the board to replace as well.

The picture seems to have improved. It is still a little soft and there is a little color bleed and streaking at times. The picture control (brightness?) is in the upper third of its rotation (CW) to get a good picture. The black level (contrast?) is at its midpoint. "Color Sentry" is off as I think the picture looks worse with it on.

When I turn the picture control beyond the point I have it set to almost max if not max, the picture obviously gets brighter but it blooms. This blooming is also noticeable with the controls set as previously mentioned when bright white text or scene elements are on screen.

I adjusted the focus to get the smallest "dots" on the screen with no signal. The focus control is in the upper quarter of its rotation (CW). I also checked the CRT anode voltage and it is at the 30 kilovolts specified.

Any other steps I can take to try to improve this? What is the "clean & balance you mentioned previously?

There is a Chromacolor II console for $60 about 1.5 hours away that is tempting, but I won't make a move unless this proves to not be worth continuing. Space is limited.

Regards,

Bobby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6083.jpg (110.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6085.jpg (109.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6086.jpg (53.9 KB, 35 views)