View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 06:21 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post
How would I variac the radio out of the cabinet? I can't run the radio outside the cabinet because of how the interlock plug is made on this radio.

Also I had figured out that the diode I wired into the radio to replace the selenium rectifier shorted because I wired it in backwards unintentionally because I was wiring it up how it was on the selenium rectifier which had the cathode marked with a (+) sign which made me think it was the anode side because of how it was marked.

But the only thing is that when I replaced and properly wired in properly, there was no audio but the tubes were lit.

What would be going on?
Having the diode wired backwards could have damaged your electrolytic caps , but first things first there is usually a resistor between the rectifier and and the filter caps , that's the first check you should make and hopefully if that resistor smoked it saved your filter caps in the process .

Also , if at all possible when replacing a chassis mounted multi cap with single caps , it's best to mount a terminal strip and use that to install your new caps .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Caps.jpg (104.0 KB, 19 views)