View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 11:37 AM
1949 Motorola 9VT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
This is a 1967 Westinghouse H-902P6-GPA. Man! That's a lot of model number for something so small! This little set is like new, and the only wear is the slot where you put a penny to open the back... and it's really minor wear. This radio wasn't used much either. It's AM and 9V.
I just got one of these new old stock off the Bay. Mine came with the box, earphone still sealed in plastic and a still sealed but probably dead nine volt battery. The radio is charcoal blue with the fitted leather case. To my surprise it works perfect. I expected the electrolytics to be dried out as they often are in NOS radios of this vintage. The set is made in Taiwan to Westinghouse specifications or so it says on the box. The only trouble I have with it is that the modern nine volt batteries seem to be slightly bigger than the old ones so the battery is a tight fit and it is hard to get the back on. I wish they still made the old red Eveready nine volt batteries that I used as a kid in the Seventies. Those would fit into even the smallest transistor radios.