View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 12:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
If the waveform on the 'scope does not change when you change the frequency of thr SG-8, what is the period of the unchanging waveform (in seconds or milliseconds or microseconds) of the waveform that you observe?

jr
I did a lot of things based on all the great information given here. I am fairly satisfied with my results. The first good result was found when I isolated my frequency counter from line voltage with the modulation of the generator off. I was able to obtain a steady frequency. Oddly, (self hi five; lol) my UN-calculated guess of the generators output based on 455Khz ACTUALLY being 460 or so on the dial was spot on.

Also, I hadn't used my scope for obtaining specific information like frequency in so long I first had to realize the whole 1/time formula 10ms. For simplicity the UN-triggered waveform I obtain a sine wave in which a cycle takes 5 divisions of the graticule. So I can calculate for the reciprocal 1/.010 x 5 and I get 500 or 500Hz. Honestly, I was again making my own problems by forgetting the proper use of the reciprocal function of my TI36X calculator. I was multiplying .010 x 5 and then using 1/X. Duh! This has been a great thread for me and I hope helps someone in the future. Thanks to all!!!

These are things that I would only do at home working on communication devices. We never use bench equipment on the job keeping automation equipment going. When I quits, we try to locate it on the planet (Siemens) and then replace and test. It either works or it doesn't. Pretty basic. But they require some sort of undergraduate degree to do it.