Thread: RCA CTC-36 Woes
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 04:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

I've been looking at my RCA 19" portable CTC-36 and found this old thread. I'm adding on to this one to keep all the past notes in one place. And great notes they are. My dad bought the set in 1969 as an extra set for his early Super Bowl parties (Madmen in Rockford, IL). I have powered it every few years or so and it still powers with a full raster and a working but tired picture (with color), but not a tired CRT. The 19HNP22 tests like new on my REM tester. The Beltron did not like it but I think the Beltron has issues. The first problem is the service switch. It has rotted out in pieces thus no pix of the set operating for now. I do have a NOS but I think it is for another model with slightly different pin bending on the bottom. It should fit. A sample testing of tubes was an exercise in just order a whole new tube lineup. My plan is to retube first and see where I am as I have everything else needed for a picture. Now I need to figure out how to get the chassis out unless I decide to jumper the service switch so as to not disturb the rest. Any thoughts on that path?. Does anyone have a CTC36 .pdf they can spare? It's a summer project so don't expect overnight news on this one. This one is for dad.