View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 10:14 AM
M is for Memory

Yup, those things are shot, best to mail 'em to me for proper disposal, Grin.

Before you get(/give the trash men) a hernia hauling em to the curb, perhaps you could get your repair guy to take a look at them, or give some fellow enthusiasts a chance at buying them off of you.

It would be a same to can those.....Otherwise 50 years from now how are cruise ships going to keep from drifting with their engines off?

I'd probably be sad if those things got canned. I've owned some moderate tube count Halicrapper's sets that would really sing on a few feat o' lamp wire...Probably a decent match for a good modern mid to high end portable with 1000X more electrical complexity. One day I gotta get my long wire strung and hook some of my midget anchors to it. I gotta finish up my National HRO-50, and start on my 'new' Hammerlund (think it is an HQ-129 or one o' it's ilk) that I scored 'round 3 weeks back....Need some more time n money though*. Even those sets that hold 'best chit' status in my collection probably (on their best morning after eatin' their spinach'n'such) don't come up knee high to your 390 and road'n'schwartz before they've had their mornin' coffee.

*With buy'n a winter SUV that needs tires'n'stuff I've been church mouse poor for the last month...I haven't even had the fiscal gut's to buy me a $25 cheap shineese ham TX/RX and the $25 wort of doodads it needs to be it's best....I need to find time to round up and sell a chunk o my junque....I've bought so much in the last year that some of my rooms I can practically jump into and swim around in tube equipment like Scrooge McDuck swims in gold coins.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4