Thread: Radio Jay Allen
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 12:21 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichal View Post
I envy you your E-5 (G-5) even though it is larger than I want, while they down-sized the new Satellite which is why I'm considering it.

-----

EDIT: It's funny, I can select a preamp, amp or speaker with much more confidence than I can a radio. Have buyer's remorse already, and haven't even seen one in the flesh yet. Oh, well, it's Amazon, and I can return it if I want
The E-5 and G-5 are both coat pocket sized radios same as the new Satellit, perhaps you are thinking of the E-1?

It will be interesting to hear your opinion of the Satellite. several years ago I tried to replace my beat up E-5 with the newer G-3 model, which appeared to be an upgrade but tuned out to be not as good as the E-5... still looking for a replacement/upgrade.

IMHO, there is no "one size fits all" radio in this catagory, each radio has strengths and weaknesses, about the best one can do is to match these to your personal preferences.
Amazon appears to have a very attractive price, but what's the "deal" are these open box specials?

jr

Last edited by jr_tech; 10-02-2016 at 12:35 PM. Reason: spelling "Satellit" is correct
Audiokarma