View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 12:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi there--

I tried what you suggested, but unlike yesterday with the 3CU3A still removed, its connector was sparking like Frankenstein's lab....and making sparking noises. I turned it off soon thereafter. No smoke or anything. All other tubes looked like they were heating up.

I have attached a pic...the connector is circled in red. Also circled is one pin hole that oozed a little bit of oily stuff. It is also on that pin of the removed 3CU3A.

My problem--do not have a schematic and do not have any diagnostic gear. More of a hobby that a specialty for me. I can solder, replace tubes, wires, diodes, resistors, capacitors, etc, but most of all I am a TV idiot who is much better at restoring transistor radios.

Thanks again, though, I am willing to try to fix it as much as my skills will allow ;-)

I had this crated and shipped from the Chicago area years ago from one of the major collectors in this forum,...can't remember his name but he had a basement full of TVs and was a real pro at repairing 60s sets, along with Lawn Boy mowers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sparks-Sylvania.jpg (80.1 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by Radiophile2001; 09-13-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Audiokarma