View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 08:24 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone for your comments and advice. I have to admit, when I first opened this tv up I was super intimidated by how complex it was and the rat's nest of wires and components under the chassis.

I am 27 years old so I never really grew up with vacuum tube tv sets, just the solid state CRT ones which look way less complex. It is mind boggling how much tvs have changed both in size and design over the last 50+ years.

The main reason why I had been hesitating to work more on this set was a combination of my lack of experience with anything vacuum tube related and just the fear of accidently messing something up or making the situation worse with the tv.

I get the feeling that these color table top tube tvs are hard to find, as I tried and tried to look for other similar sets and they seem to be nearly extinct. So I want to make sure that the repairs are done properly.

I have every intention and desire of getting this set fully restored to it's peak functionality. eg. getting rid of it's minor but annoying cataract, rejuvinating the high hour crt if possible or finding a replacement, cleaning the rust and dust off, recapping, ect. Basically give this thing the full TLC.