View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 11:58 AM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
My collection is mostly of quirky little TV sets...and weird "ideas" that sorta never caught on (think Citizen LCD reflectors).

I now have a couple Citizen reflectors, some Sony watchmans, a couple of those "briefcase" style AM/FM/cassette 5" sets (one being a color JVC!). I have a Sanyo 6" combo that is apparently SUPER rare (never seen one before OR after I found it...and it's PERFECT!). I won a bidding war for a 1.5" little Panasonic color set (CT101), and have all but the first of those little Panasonic micros (The little 1030 is REALLY handsome!). Rescued a "Real sad looking" little Quasar 9" B/W from an electronics surplus store. the guy wanted me to just TAKE the old dirty thing (It now has a BEAUTIFUL classic picture...and I watch it often). Just recently I got ahold of a little 4" magnavox clock radio TV that needed a CRT (which I took from a "parts" little 4" Shadow set). I'm now cleaning up and restoring an RCA "Luna" which is an older very space-age looking "flip" style clock radio with a 5" TV.

The collection is now starting to become quite interesting....even the only real "high ticket" item was the Panasonic CT101. Maybe someday I'll find a Sony Indextron (extremely rare "apple" low profile single gun color CRT) or some similar ULTRA rare set :-)