View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 10:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

I fooled around with the scope, I get about 180pp on the horz drive, which is close to the 190 called out in the sams. I need to break out the VTVM to check but I am guessing based on the scope the drive is fine. I also checked the screen but did not use my VTVM and I dont trust a DMM on that reading since there is a lot of pulsing going on, need to use the VTVM like it says to, I just dont think they react the same to pulsed DC. On the DMM I had 175v (should be 210 per sams).

I set the horz bias so the HV is 25.5 per the sams setup (brighness all the way down). It has a great pic, brighness range looks right, but the HOT current goes up to near 300ma in some scenes (all white screen) most of the time its around 230ma. The HV with the brightness set to normal is about 22-23kv. My only issue is the fly gets pretty darn hot after about 30-60 min.

I tried bridging another VDR and was able to adj the bias to get it down to about 200ma with normal scenes, but then the HV was around 19 and the horz sweep was falling short about 1/4 inch on both sides.

I tried several 6KD6's all about the same. I wonder if a HV rectifier or Damper could affect the fly load?
Audiokarma