View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 03:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etype2 View Post
Thank you guys!

I don’t think Steve will mind me telling this story.

Steve and Ed were good friends for many years. They lived close to each other and Steve visited Ed’s place many times and saw the Worthington in Ed’s dining room. When Ed passed away in January, 2015, Steve personally supervised the safe removal and transport of the many televisions, extremely rare items, memorabilia, and reams of tech journals and publications including my CTC-7 Worthington in Ed’s collection which were on display and stored at his home. Steve made sure the remote was in its drawer and he taped it shut to prevent loss. Because of Steve’s efforts, the many rare items made it safely to the ETF at Hilliard, Ohio.

Thank you Steve.
Marshall,

I appreciate the comments. I was not alone in the effort to oversee the packing, shipping and safeguarding of Ed's collection to the ETF and to his official residence in Omaha, Neb. I was also was joined by fellow VK members Steve Kissinger & John Folsom and several others. It was a daunting but necessary task as Ed had amassed a huge collection of both receivers and other TV related equipment as well as ephemera.

Best,
-Steve Dichter