View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Not sure how I got here.

Upholstery really isn't hard either.... You'll be amazed at how the seats are put together
once you take one apart. Final prep is one of the trade names for that cleaner. I guess
you have visited a paint supply house..... Or done some reading.... 600 - 800 paper is
best for the kinda stuff you are doing. Wet sanding is mostly so you get the stuff off
the paper as it quickly gets clogged.... At first you said you were using some rattle clear
I assume that is like the stuff you get at the Blue store, or the Orange store,
good on any surface even wood. So it will do different things than regular car clear.
The stuff is most likely chemically different. Car base/clear are meant to bond to some
degree, and you have a time window when you can put the clear over the base, wait
too long and you have to sand, then re-base before you clear.

One nice thing about new base/clear is that after you spray the base, you can tack
before you shoot the clear, and you can even tack between clear coats. It don't
sound like much, but for painting outside its like a gift from the Gods. Centari
use to stay tacky for quite a while and collect bugs like crazy.... Very frustrating
for outside painting under a tent....

Your doing well enough just watch a video on YT about fixing dents with Bondo, it
ain't expensive, and the cheap stuff is the same as the gallon can at the body shop
supply. I think you can do it.... I'm impressed at the quality work you have done so far.

Last edited by Username1; 08-06-2014 at 09:05 PM.