View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 09:13 AM
VideoKarma Member

Sage advice.
Also be damn sure you got the right hoz output ( HOT) in there.
Check PC at hoz drive transformer on the hoz osc board IIRC.
Check for a low ohm resistor going from B-E on HOT out of circuit.
If you changed the 4 lead cap put back the origional unless you KNOW its bad. Orange ones usually OK but white ones suspect.
Some Maggys had plug in flybacks, check the pins, they would burn.
Only think of the fold over, dont be distracted by other problems.
SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER. All Maggy uprights from 13" - 25" had
tons of bad connections. Dont forget the ground tabs from the steel
frame on mother board, they complete some connections.

73 Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesuser01 View Post
I repaired over 100 of these T-815 Magnavox sets when they were younger. Trust me, it's not considered an early solid state set.

The only thing your set has that I didn't see often is the stand-alone audio amplifier.

We've all suggest things to check on it for you, but you only come back and announce that something else is wrong. Replacing a single capacitor won't fix but one thing, friend.

Did you actually go through the chassis and re-flow solder on the chassis ground connections, and check the stakes that the plug-in boards connect to? Bad factory soldering was most of the problems I ever saw on the T-815.

Also, check the plug-in boards for bad soldering especially the board plug connectors.

Use a magnifying glass and a bright light to examine the soldering. You will see crack marks around connections. Use a small soldering iron and some decent thin solder to add a tiny amount of new solder to whats already there.

Be slow and thorough with your work.

THE END.
Audiokarma