View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Bob Galanter

Still using 2 cband systems and subscribing to everything I can get through NPS. The DCII digital signals are darn near as good as anything you will ever see and they beat the highly compressed KU feeds from Direct and Dish Net.

I have a 10" Weingard mesh here in Milwaukee and a 12" solid fiberglass dish in Presque Isle, Wisconisn just south of the Wisconsin UP boarder. My Milwaukee system has KU also. I used KU with a Free To Air Coship blindsearch receiver, but most of the chanels are foreign language (spanish or Arabic). There are a few feeds that are worth watching on the Coship, but the feeds keep moving around and you have to search them out and relocate them, and I got tired of that whole thing, so I retired the Coship and now I only watch what I subscribe to on the 4DTV Mot 922 receiver. I also have a HDD200 HiDef converter but now we are down to only 2 Starz feeds and a Wealth TV chanel which I do not subscribe to.

Unless SRL (another provider) is able to somehow provide us with an updated receiver that will take advantage of the HD feeds that are provided by the Comcast HITS (Head End In the Sky) I am affraid that DCII cband feeds days are numbered. Unfortunately for some reason NPS has not been able to secure a redistribution contract with HITS. So if we lose some of the DCII master feeds that are being sold by NPS, I may have to start buying from SRL to get the hits feeds on HITS SD. Still better than paying for the over priced and over compressed feeds from Dish and Direct. I get my HD networks over the air locally, but I do miss the HD feeds from the premium feeds like Sho Hbo etc.

Long Live Cband! I will be there till the end.

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com