View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 06:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Here is a picture of the SAMs IF frequency response. Figure 1 is the third IF and figure 2 is the first and second response. The next picture shows the third IF response is pretty close to what SAMs shows (you have flip the plot horizontally to match my scope). The next picture is what I got for the first and second IF response. Its way off. The response at the 45.75 MHz marker shown should be much lower amplitude. Following SAMs alignment I tried to adjust A6, the 41.25 MHz trap and found it very hard to turn because its core was coming apart. I pulled the chassis, removed the coil, and removed the core. One end had two small pieces broken off. I tried a shorter ferrite core to see if the coil form was too tight. It was very tight. I ended up finding that a 1/4"-28 tap matches this ferrite core. So I tapped the coil form as shown in the next picture. The last picture shows the shavings removed from the coil form. The small ferrite core now threads nicely though the core. I am trying to glue the two small ferrite pieces back onto the broken core. If they hold, I will invert the core so that the broken pieces will be at the end that is not usually used for adjusting. Anyone know of a place to buy 1/4" threaded ferrite cores?

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAMsIFresponse.jpg (66.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg ThirdIF-OK.jpg (118.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg BadFirstSecondIFresponse.jpg (119.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg TapCoilForm.jpg (115.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg TapCoilFormResidue.jpg (115.5 KB, 26 views)