View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 11:08 AM
VideoKarma Member

I would have to agree about Zenith. That's why you see so many around. Those early Motorola "works in a drawer" (they came out in 68 and were still labeled as Motorola before switching to the Quasar badge a few years later) were VERY pricey. They were not cheap sets by any means. Your neighbor is lucky if the back has never been off and he's had no repairs, as that is NOT the norm for that set. (hell... ANY set for that matter) You won't find many around tho.... they were pricey to begin with, so there weren't alot in homes, and they were plagued with problems, and even pricier to repair. Most tv shops HATED them. I've seen a few with fantastic pictures, but again that is not the norm for ANY Motorola set. I had one that has just been shipped out to a fellow Aker. Had the most beautiful cabinet on any set I've owned, and it had a fantastic picture. However it broke after a few days use, and even with the help of a fellow Aker I was not able to get it going. (I have limited repair ability) Hope the Aker who it was sent to gets it going tho, and will post pix.