View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 09:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for your input, everyone. I took it to a skeptical repair shop for a diagnostic. He seemed more interested in getting the $20 fee, but we'll see if he has anything to say about the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user181 View Post
Not saying to ignore anything, just to be sure you identify the actual cause so you're not barking up the wrong tree. You really need to find some video source that outputs 4:3 format and connect that to your set. Then, you can tell with more certainty if your set is not displaying the signal correctly.

It would be ideal if you have another 4:3 TV so that you can use process of elimination to determine what the culprit is.

Incidentally, what is the make & model of your DTV converter box?
The game source is an Atari 2600. It's only capable of 4:3 ratio output. The maker of the digital convertor is Ematic. I assure you the source is not the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
For gosh sake, three pages and no one has said how to determine if the small picture is the TV or the source? Just turn up the brightness control, and the whole raster will get bright. If the sides, top and bottom are still pure black, it's the TV raster being too small. If light appears in the black areas, then the problem is the source.
I have adjusted the brightness and other settings. The image is simply small. Even the static screen. See some of the early pictures. Do you have any recommendations for adjustments?
Audiokarma