View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 07:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etype2 View Post
Shibby:

First, welcome to Videokarma. As to reliability, just what Andy said, especially his last paragraph. I own two Indextron's, both recapped by Andy. This was done 7 years ago. They both function well today.

The point I want to stress, congratulations, you have come into possession of a very rare television in terms of uniqueness and television history. If you don't already know, these sets are highly desired by collectors, the reason being, the Indextron was the first stand alone Index color consumer television. The Indextron paints a color picture with only one electron beam! See this link for more information. https://visions4netjournal.com/indextron/

Edit: I have the complete service manual. It's yours for the asking.
etype2 thanks so much for the welcome. for a while there i didnt think i would ever get logged in here. I think it took almost a week to get accepted after fighting for nearly a full day to even create an account. Anyways I finally made it. Thank you so much for the offer. I would love to have it if it isnt too much trouble.

Also it may sound crazy but its sort of an honor to me that i get to work on such a niche little part of history. I am certainly not into old televisions like the rest of you but I can certainly appreciate it. My grandfather in his day was the local tv repair guy and when I was very young i use to watch him fix them in his work room. That along with old jukeboxes. I really wish the family still had that house along with all the old tools to be able to share with you guys. He died a few years ago and left me with all of his old audio equipment including 70's record players, several reel to reel players and countless records and reels. did i mention he fixed jukeboxes? this means when he would get a new one in he would empty the records to add to his collection then sell the fixed machine off to the new guy. needless to say my little townhome is busting at the seems with boxes. or at least it use to be. I was able to sell of a good bit of the undesirable stuff.