View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 02:33 PM
Resident Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubesrule View Post
There was a guy, Robert S. outside of Toronto trying to sell a H840CK15 back in 2000. I passed on it at the time and never heard what happened. I know he was trying to sell it for quite some time. Perhaps this is that set?

Darryl
Dwight found this set in Buffalo, NY, and according to Dwight, the guy he bought it from obtained it from the original owner who used the set to teach color television repair for either a trade school or a Westinghouse program to teach their own techs in house.

I can't imagine the set being the same one that was for sale in the Toronto area, but anything is possible. There was recently (within the past few years) a Westinghouse H840CK15 listed on Toronto Kijiji. I don't recall the set selling, but it was complete and supposedly had a good CRT. Perhaps that was the set from Robert?

EDIT:

My set is most definitely not the set from Robert S. in Ontario. His set had a developmental CRT (the C73599 proto-15GP22) according to Marlin Mackley's site. This set has a production 15GP22 from the 13th week of 1954.

Marlin's site also mentions that the Wingham museum in Ontario has one with a 25 Hz tranny and 25 Hz chokes. Interesting.

Last edited by benman94; 11-12-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Audiokarma