View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 10:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

Owning & Caring for Vintage Colors

I've been meaning to make this post. I am on the verge of getting my first Roundy. Despite a lot issues with my truck setting back plans or totally changing them, and other issues with space in my home, I'm going to be bringing my first color roundy home tomorrow.

I don't know the year, as I have forgotten to ask, but it is a Zenith set. In working condition, with a strong tube and a good picture. It has the A/V modification, which I am perfectly okay with. It saves me having to run my Modulator anytime I wish to use it.

I've owned various tube black and white sets over the years, and I owned a Toshiba color for awhile which I used, despite it being a very finicky set.

What should I know about using one of these sets on a fairly regular bases? I do plan to watch, and enjoy it. I'm not buying it to sit in a corner and be a display piece, I am getting it to watch classic television on, and get enjoyment from.

As such, I have never owned a tube color set as old, or as large as one like this.

Any advice for my first, and probably only set I'll own like this? (Strong space constraints. I had to do a lot of work to give this set a comfortable place to live in my room)