View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 12:39 AM
VideoKarma Member

Zenith Convergence

Okay. Well I am pretty much lost and kind of confused at this point. This set has pretty healthy vertical, I've replaced out all the bumble bee caps that it had, and even replaced a few that were questionable. I also replaced the large electrolytic can in the vertical section too, as well as C5.

This set uses a 25LC30 chassis.

I also remember the guy I got it from telling me something about setting the high voltage. I have a probe but I have not checked it yet to see. These run at what? 25kV?

I can get most of the screen converged pretty well, and I can get the purity pretty nice too. I can never seen to get the bottom of the screen to converge completely. If I try and converge the bottom, the top goes all out of whack.

Perhaps it's slightly compressed at the bottom and stretched at the top, but if that's the case, by no means is it as bad as the other set was. I don't see retrace lines on this set at all.

Is there something that commonly goes wrong on these sets that cause these issues?? A drifting resistor, a bad selenium somewhere? A diode that kicks the bucket? A coil? Or this this operator error? IE: I'm not doing the convergence procedure correctly.

Last edited by Arcanine; 10-08-2015 at 12:55 AM.