View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 08:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISCOJIM View Post
How much work did Tom put into this before you got it? Did he do a recap and any troubleshooting?

Good question. I am not completely sure. I'm probably going to attend that antique radio swap meet that happens this coming sunday by the air port in Milwaukee. It would be the first time I have ever attended.

It looks like Tom did indeed replace several caps, as there are several new style yellow ones installed under it.

I'm really kind of hoping someone there will be selling capacitors so I can just buy a whole bunch all at once, instead of ordering online or going to Chester's and getting a few here, and there.

Once I have a neat little stack of caps in my lap, I'm going to just recap the set entirely then attempt to align it.

The bottom has a large metal plate, that accesses the entire bottom of the chassis. I think I can just leave the Chassis inside the set, put the set on to it's side and just recap it that way, instead of having to unplug everything.

At least that's my hope. Save me having to heave a heavy chassis around. Just do most of the work in-set and go from there with the adjustments, see if I can get this set to perform even better.
Audiokarma