View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 07:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

Before the wind picked up I cut, painted and reinstalled the base. Take a look at the old panel compared to the new one.

I also took the moment to drill out the old levelling bolts because once this was upright again I didn't want to tip it back over. Bye-bye went the threads so I think I'll redo that with threaded bolts and a nut because I don't have a tap and die set. Just take two crescent wrenches and spin either the nut or the bolt and raise it the half inch or so you need to level the thing.

I also started reassembling the electronics I already pulled out.

The panel on the right sat in front of the compressor and was the main power distribution terminal strip. The other piece is the plugboard for setting the door prices and the three ballasts and lamp starters for the lighting.

The little 15W ballast had to be replaced because it was so badly animal damaged. I had spare ones from a dismantled project at our local makerspace. I painted one black and bolted it in.
The other two ballasts are another story. They are original to when I got the machine with no promises that they still work but because of their odd size and their requirement for starters I didn't have much of a choice but to clean, repaint and reinstall them anyways. They do both likely contain PCB's.