View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 05:02 PM
M is for Memory

Did you receive/read this message in your email inbox or in the private messages link that appears on the top right of any VK web page (when your logged into VK)?
If your read it on VK's webpages then it should be impossible for the sender's username to be hidden. If you read that message via your email then you probably did not receive a PM but rather an email through VK (though the sender's username should be displayed in that too).

If you left click on anyone's username in one of their posts a series of options should appear which include "Send a private message to..." and "send email to...". I believe there is an option to prevent direct email contact in your user control panel, that you might want to enable.

I'm not sure why you would choose to respond publicly to a private message over sending an email? You can't get a virus by sending a message. And if your afraid of getting a virus in a reply email from them, then write that you will not read any future emails by that person, nor respond to them, and if they wish to further converse with you then you will only do so via PMs on VK (and follow through by deleting any strange emails without reading)...Or you could simply ignore them.

Changing gears, sounds like you have an interesting collection of Japanese and foreign TVs. Have you posted pictures of them on the internet? I'd love to see some of these sets.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4