View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 07:13 PM
David Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishdude View Post
How many times did you take the back off and find cockroaches crawling around inside?
Many times. If it was really bad, I wouldn't work on it. If it was a VCR or a portable TV, I'd put it in a large plastic trash bag and seal it up for the customer to pick up.

I had a guy drop off a console one day, and the next morning I saw several roaches running around the shop. This particular set was filthy, so I had a good clue as to the origins of the bugs. When I pulled the back off that set, there were literally hundreds of cockroaches inside.....it looked like it was alive. I opened the front door, scooted the TV out on the sidewalk, and called the customer to come and get it. When I called, he got mad because I wouldn't work on it. When he got to the shop, he started cussing me and said he was glad he didn't have to pay me. I advised him he would be better off to spend the money he saved on an exterminator.

Later on, I found out the guy had taken the set to another local shop for repair....that tech wouldn't work on it, either.
Audiokarma