View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 01:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
What probably happened is you got a bad batch from the store.. lots of counterfeit Chinese batteries have came in to the country... sometimes the do that in the package in the store.... I've had remotes pee acid into my hand while I was using them and they were still working.

If half were backwards there should not be any voltage across the output terminals of the pack and no current should flow so that should not have caused your issue...

Get them out clean the acid off and assess the condition of the terminals... you may have to replace the springs if they rotted off. You may be able to test the radio by connecting a wall wart with a DC voltage at or a bit below that the battery pack is supposed to make ( for AA,AAA,D andC cells that is 1.5xnumber of batteries).
If the batteries were installed reverse polarity, all of them that is, didn't do the radio any good. The electrolytics, plus the transistors don't like reverse polarity much. I don't remember if that radio has silicon or germanium transistors.
When Alkaline cells run hot, it means some serious current in being drawn from them.