View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 11:42 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I'm thinking about removing the padded faux leather vinyl roof soon. The roof has gotten BAD over the nearly 6 years I've owned it and I think it's past the point where I can keep hitting the ignore button. My plan is to strip the roof and it's trim off take what's under that down to bare shiny metal, patch the pea sized passenger rust hole (I recently got a BOTB Harbor Freight electric welder, but have done more lead based body work ) then paint it Black.... I'm considering recreating the look of it by reinstalling the chrome roof trim, masking and painting the formerly vinyl area with undercoating....I suppose taking it to a shop and having a new padded vinyl roof installed is an option, but I really want to hold onto my mono so I can pay off my last student loan and possibly have a down payment on a house in the next year or so (or have enough money to survive if this Corona virus crap collapses the country).

Pictures of the rot below.
So what say you? Sound plan, am I not doing it right or am I nuts?
After patching the rust holes, look into possibly using a spray on bed liner as used on pick-up trucks or similar.
I remember, in the late 60's, they made a coating that resembled a vinyl roof.
It looked pretty good.
Audiokarma