View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 11:02 AM
VideoKarma Member

I am NOT going to lie to you and tell you..."go ahead...you will be ok".. It is LIKELY you WILL be "ok" by just replacing the SC board...but NOT guaranteed. It IS possible a buffer board has gone out too (these are the small boards next to the SC board on the left side) or even an SS board (the OTHER larger board on the OTHER side of the panel.). I WILL tell you though..a MAJORITY of these sets were fixed by thgis board.

But this is one reason so many have said "sayanora" to plsma technology. It's 'tendency to fail. Early on--plasma sets were touted to "last a LOT longer than a CRT set..we ALL know....how THAT turned out. This ans the FACT that they burn VERY easily..easier than ANY other type of display, are fragile(but to are LCD sets), use a LOT of power and are heavy...

But if it was MY set....it IS likely...I would attempt a repair..if for no other reason...than for the challenge. ANs a 50 inch Pana plasma shoud NOT be hard to sell..a LOT of people still like the picture they produce.
Audiokarma