View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 07:20 PM
VideoKarma Member

OK, here's what I brought home with some minor details. I will devote seperate threadss to these items as I have time to work on them.

Zenith C835E AM/FM radio.

Packard-Bell portable B&W

The one on the left is a steel cabinet PB portable color set. Made in Japan - June, '73.
The right one is a PB B&W portable from '72. Actually a rebadged GE. The two small sets on the top are Sony micro TV's that Dan brought from LA to give me.

'78 Sylvania B&W 23" console with lighted dials. There were two of these sets and Ryan took one home with him and I took this one.

Hybrid PB color console. Tested and is dead.

Philco roundie swivel base console. CRT test good but there is a note on the back that says "bad yoke"

Inside of the Philco

Sylvania steel cabinet roundie. Has audio and raster. CRT is strong.

'70 RCA 21" console. CTC38. Has audio and snow. This set has a hang tag like it would be a new TV; but, I can tell that it's had some use by looking at the chassis and it has some non-RCA tubes. Possibly, this was a display set that was on all day and needed repairs along the way.

'74 Zenith 25EC58 flat chassis SS console. Has audio, HV, and no raster.

Chassis in the Zenith.

Sylvania tube color console.

Inside of the Sylvania. As you can see, the convergence components are laying loose in the cabinet.

Early '70's 9" Sylvania AC/DC portable. Appears to work.

Early '60's Truetone tube stereo. Uses a single ended EL84 based amp. Built by Wells-Gardner with an Admiral built record changer.