View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 10:36 AM
<-- sucker for old sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey405 View Post
Am I okay to show a British round-tube set? We never actually had round-tube colour sets over here except for the ones which were used for experimental or training purposes - Some British-built, and some shipped over from the US. This one is a 625-line PAL set made by Bush in 1963-ish. I haven't had to do an awful lot to get it going, but I have bodged the burst-gate to get the PAL switch and subcarrier regenerator to operate correctly and that will need fixing properly sometime soon. The attached picture of the set (model CVB100) is quite small, there is a bigger picture at: http://www.oldtechnology.net/misc/CVB100.jpg

Kind regards.

From Mike.
BEAUTIFUL SET MIKE! I love the cabinet styling and the picture is phenomenal. Great job on the restoration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundscreen View Post
Here are some screen shots of a RCA ctc 15 color set. This set was hooked up to the dtv box and the picture is really clear. I don't like the way the government went about the change over but it does work vary well.
Ed
I think the DTV boxes are a great thing. They seem to have a better appearance over all because of the ability to cram more color information in the signal. Colors are brighter, clearer, better contrast and finer detail.

You might check the linearity on your 15. Looks as though the picture is squashed a bit on the bottom. Other than that the color looks great!