View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 03:21 PM
M is for Memory

Welcome! I like your taste in radios. Are you aware that analog television broadcasts (the type that TV is meant to tune) are no longer being broadcast*? I ask because it appears you are trying to get a station direct via the antenna. If you want to use that TV set (and it appears it could possibly work as is with a signal) you will need to connect the antenna in of that set to the TV RF out of a VCR, DTV converter box, analog cable (if it is still offered in your area, and you are lucky enough to have it), DVD player (some need an outboard RF modulator to work with a set like yours), or one of a hand full of other devices.

*There are still a few low power analog TV stations around, but the probability of tuning one is slim, and they are going to be phased out soon.

The triplet probably needs some repair, but is likely a decent tester for pre-war radios (when working).
I keep two testers: A B&K 606 for Octal tubes thru the last gasp compactrons, and an older one for the prewar fat-pit tube types.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4