View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 11:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for looking! At least that resistor I have in there works ok for now.

If it weren't for that ad I posted, I wouldn't have known how much of this cabinet was originally painted silver. I've been experimenting with using Q-tips as small paint brushes to repaint those silver lines on the sides of the screen. It kind of works.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to redo the "Philco Townhouse" script under the channel number indicator let me know? At first, I noticed it was slightly lower than the rest of the cabinet. So I painted the whole area, then attempted to scrape off / sand off the paint around it, assuming the paint in the lower spots would stay put if I just sanded over the whole thing. But the depressions where the letters were were so slight that just a little sanding with 600 paper managed to make parts of the letters level with the rest of it. So if I tried that technique again it would just come out worse.

Unfortunately, this cabinet is messed-up in several ways and there is no way I'll be done with it before I have to move to WI next week. I hate moving projects that are underway. I always loose parts.

Last edited by Adam; 10-14-2018 at 08:31 PM.