View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 04:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

After lots of YouTube vid viewing and more general tinkering, I have come up with a tentative diagnosis. Much of what I found reflects your most appreciated comments. I did the flashlight trick and found I had video. I do not know about audio, since the speakers for this set are on the back rather than the TV chassis. I also do not have a VCR hooked up, so the jury is out on audio, but I have no reason to doubt that I have audio. I have start-up voltage from the main board to the PS board. I have 12 volts from the PS board to the main board when the set is turned on. I still have the standby light, and it goes out when I turn the set on. This set has never had a blue light or a green light to tell when it is on like most sets do. I do not have power from the PS board to the back lights. I disconnected the PS board from the main board, still no backlights. I have physically checked the voltage at the PS to the back lights. Both with the lights plugged in to the board, and with them disconnected. No voltage either way. I don't really know what I should have, but the best I can find out is 100 volts DC. Nothing is not adequate. So, I'm thinking my problem is in the PS board. For some reason, it appears I have lost power to the backlights. Why, I have no idea at this point. I have no reason to suspect a bad LED panel at this point. The set was working great, then suddenly the screen when dark. My wife says the audio worked until she shut the set down, maybe 30 seconds after the screen went dark. Thank you for your input and I'll be sure to get back with you after I put a PS board in and go from there.