View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 07:51 AM
Administrator

I GOT IT!!!

After relocating the ground to the filter caps and then finding an open ground for the 6V6 bias, I got everything running smoothly except the B+ was stupid high....about 100V too much. Tried playing with dropping resistors, but the closest I could get it was by changing the 5K dropper to a 1.2K dropper and running it at around 95V. And everything was still getting red hot.

Cliff Benham suggested that I disconnect the positive wire of the 40 uf filter cap on the 5U4 side of the 17 henry choke and reconnect it in parallel with the other 40 uf on the radio side of the choke, making the power supply a "choke input type"...which got me right to a B+ of 260 and the radio was very happy right there

It also provides a much better regulated power supply....one that should technically outlast me

And now lastly, to locate an octal socket extender so that I can plug it into the top of the transformer and wire everything to the chassis 5U4 socket so I can close the lid. It's either that or make a 5U4 hole in the lid, and naaah

She sounds great! This project was a success!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1635.jpg (70.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1636.jpg (70.2 KB, 8 views)