View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 04:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hickok 209, a, b, c. Vtvm meter movements

Hello all!

I know that there is at least one member here that is in love with the HUGE Hickok 209 series VTVMs. He's the SUPER lucky guy who snagged a harder to find "black face" 209A from the bay for like $40 lousy bucks when even junkers with silver face are normally over $100. They don't ever last long no matter the price if they have the necessary AC probe for the particular model.

Anyway, I bought what I shouldn't and didn't need in a 209C a while back. When I got it, it was in great condition; however, the meter movement had a snag in it. I tried a few tricks to eliminate the condition, but to no avail. I even tried sacrificing a lowly basic 209 movement and retrofitting the movement. They are different. Perhaps electrically, but certainly in mounting config. NOT a direct bolt in sway although they look alike. I went further in trying to dismantle the mounting frame, glass, & meter scale and mount the 209C scale on the good 209 movement. Even that mounting config is different. The screw holes don't line up.

SO, there is a guy with a 209B meter only for sale. I know that the B and C models are as close to the same in appearance as are the 209 and A models are. My question finally is: Would the 209B movement be a DIRECT swap into my broken C unit?

Anyone who can help will be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping that member I mentioned is still around. Sometimes folks here just vanish! LOL! Off topic...... I need to find out as the part will only be available for a few more days.

Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hickok 209C.jpg (38.4 KB, 22 views)