View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 06:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post
OK So here's a picture of the base of the picture tube showing the wires that went into the pins of the base weren't broken off. Also there wasn't much glue on the base to hold it into place to begin with, which makes me wonder if someone replaced this base before, and didn't use enough glue when they installed the base which is why it came off so easily (and yes I was grasping onto the base with one hand while pulling on the socket with the other hand and the base still came off, as the socket was on there really tight.)

Unfortunately I can't get the wires to line up with their respective pins on the base so I can repair it, and I tried soldering some "extensions" onto the existing wire leads and I couldn't get the solder to stick.
You might have to break away part of the base to locate the leads. If the piece you break away is in one piece, you can glue it back in.
I hated that when it happened. I generally wrapped the base with black plastic tape. It was a hack job, but the sets were for resale anyway.