View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 11:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Cool. Glad that fixed it. So common for IF tubes to make intermittent contact in the color sets.

I know what your talking about. That greenish/lime looking yellow, yet the flesh tones look correct and you can go from green to purple on the tint range. I had this exact same problem with a 24MC32 roundie. I found out the injection transformer was out of alignment. Its a dual slug coil and went to adjust it with my meter hooked up like the manual points out. As I was adjusting it, I peaked the VTVM out in both directions and then the slug just siezed out of no where with practically no force. I had to litterally dig out and crumble the slug to remove it, but the ID of the tube was enlarged to the point where a new slug just slid around. Out of pure luck, I had a good one from a parts chassis that brought it back. I aligned it and it works fine now.

That transformer gets really hot and it bakes that tube that the coil is wound on. When you adjust it, the coil will be very squeaky and sound rough when turning it. I have the factory data for aligning it, its really easy. All you need to do is hook up your VTVM to a couple spots and peak out the meter., max neg and max pos for R-Y and B-Y injection.

In my case, I think it was most likely out of alignment due to the fool who previously owned the set. I bought it off ebay and the guy tells me he "aligned" it. The set was so far out of alignment that there was barely no sound and an annoying sync buzz. I got my favorite excuse on that when I powered it up in front of him "Oh, the antenna isnt good enough" or "it would probably work if its hooked up to cable".

Hope the rest goes well fixing it back up. Atleast you got the intermittent solved!